Translate

Friday, December 5, 2008


El Shaddai, El Shaddai, El-Elyon na Adonia, ... Erkamka na Adonai
(You set your children FREE, I will praise you and lift YOU HIGH)

The Lord is Good and His Mercy Endures Forever!

UPDATE:
Baby Henry is stable .. and they have been running tests on him now for two days. If they can not find anything else they will be sending him home to rest in the comfort of his family either Saturday or Sunday. PRAISE GOD!!!

A friend of mine, Judy, says that we worship the God of IMPOSSIBLES - and we surely do!!!!

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (NIV Bible)
Over the last several weeks, I think of my brother John and Baby Henry.. and how my brother holds Henry and sings to him softly.. and rocks him back and forth trying to help him find comfort in his arms. Then with Chloe and Taylor his other children, he is loud and boisterous.. and swings them around in a big circle .. delighting in them and having fun with them!!

This morning I woke up praying and asking the Lord to sing His love song over me, my family and friends and thanking Him because I KNOW that HE does!!

So these are my thoughts ....
Our Father is with us. He has come to save you and He takes great delight in you and your life. His song proclaims to the heavens His undying affection towards you. Have you ever wondered what our Father's singing must sound like? I can only imagine!

When I think of how my brother quiets Henry, then I think how HE/Father God quiets us with His love, the image of my brother and Baby Henry comes to mind, and his mommy Lisa soothing him as he's nestled against her breast. (El Shaddai, The Many Breasted One) sings a lullaby that soothes our soul and brings us reassurance and a sense of belonging (Isaiah 66:11). Each word lovingly expressed in a tender sweet voice that calms and quiets us in His love.

When I think of how John is with Taylor and Chloe, his song of extreme LOUD affection over them and that is how our Father/God is with us!!!! (HOW COOL) I was recently told by a friend from Israel, Jacob Shavitz, that the Hebrew word used here to describe how a fathers singing is 'rinnah'. It means to express a ringing cry, a loud shout, a proclamation of extreme joy and an expression of gladness.

Our Father is not ashamed of His love for US .. HE wants everyone to know!!!
The next time you worship the Father in song, remember that as you sing of your love for Him, He in turn sings His song of love over you! Can you hear Him singing?

My prayer for you is that you allow our Father to sing those songs over you .... minister to you in your pain and in your JOY ... there is a song for every season!!!

No comments: