Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


How can we escape a world that, by it’s very nature tries to destroy what love is?

How can we protect our hearts, our minds our souls from the rejection that is laid at every corner?  

From every abusive word spoken from our parents or siblings. . . the withholding of love and affection from that small child that just wanted ‘their’ attention, their affirmation,  their love!

 How do we …. protect ourselves from the broken relationships that for whatever reason or another didn’t work out and has left the feelings of rejection – your not enough, your not what I need, your not .. your not.. your not echoing thru our minds repeating like a drum to the headless horseman that likes to ride thru your dreams reminding you of who you are in the hours that your alone??

YOUR NOT!

When did… when did loving someone become so frightening ?? So beyond the feeling of helplessness to wanting to run?  Run ……………… run!  Where am I running, who am I running  too.. what am I running from?  Has all this training, like a marathon runner, done this seasoned life olympian any good?  No ……. So, if the result from running has left us, battered and bruised… tired and alone because we’ve left the pack so far behind - - why is our first response always to run??     

 Me, I’ve run from God, I’ve run from His love … He’s slowed me down, stopped me in my tracks and lovingly so lovingly has walked me thru the haunted places in my heart from when I was a little girl and then a young woman . . where pain was planted and took root . .
Together, we pulled them out . . and HE spoke healing and restoration over me . . to prepare me for more of HIS GREAT LOVE … He cleansed the  garden . . tiled it up, readied the soil for a GREAT SEASON of LOVE with a mate. . .

As He’s done that …. Why then, from time to time … do I still hear repeating in my head...RUN?

Why do we, some of you and some of ME battle these things?
I chose to lay those shoes aside . . to continue to allow the Lord to heal those broken parts of me . . and to see myself as the Lord tells me, how HE sees ME ………  My calling may be different, my anointing different, the way I walk my walk and talk my talk may be different .. . . and I don’t  ‘see’ the power in who I am but who HE is thru me ……… I just see, the broken me……………… rather helpless and fragile … weak and wounded ..  but MIGHTY WARRIOR when HE uses ME!   
My GREATEST DESIRE is and will always be more of HIM.. less of me. . .  More of the heart pounding, ever increasing love that He lavishes on me. . . there is freedom in knowing that love. . there is revelation in that love of WHO I AM in HIM . . . there is mercy in that love and restoration to the wings that were once clipped to stay earth bound . . but now to soar above the earth, to fly instead of run . .

Teach me to love Lord . . teach me to hold still to allow someone to, even love me! 
For God so LOVED that HE GAVE  …………….  Let me learn to GIVE even when hurt is around the corner for me …. Teach me to be generous and true in that love like YOU!

2 comments:

Buditboo said...

These words are so me and the fight that I have fought throughout my life.

Kristi Brashear said...

Thank you Buditboo... I hope you are doing well and still being bold .. learning how to love and loving in the process ... and learning how to accept the greatest gift .. to allow yourself to be loved