My thoughts . . . but more than that, an attempt to be vulnerable - - to allow you INto the most bare part of me . . . .
Translate
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Brazil - Go into ALL the WORLD and PREACH the GOSPEL
Dear Friends and Family,
I sit here in the office looking at the calendar and realizing how quickly those spring and now summer months have gone and are going by. As many of you know, I will be going on a mission trip to Rio De Janerio, Brazil with a small, but powerful team. We are leaving August 4th -14. Our team has vast and varied strengths which I am sure will make ministering together amazing.
Our team leader, Pastor Mike Wloczewski, has led small teams to Rio over the last three years establishing relationships and building a strong foundation from which we now how the privilege to minister from. Pastor Mike and his team have planted seeds in the “favellas” (slums) of Rio. They have conducted sermons in the Jail of Rio. Evangelized to the drug lords on the streets of Caju and have spoken to over 1,000 secular high school students in the City of God from the Word of God, now that is FAVOR!
Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America with 187,393,918 people. It is the fifth largest country by geographical area, and the fifth most populous country in the world. Its population comprises the majority of the world’s Portugese speakers. Approximately 15.4% of the population is Protestant Christian. Rio is often in the world news at this point in history because of the extreme unrest in the favellas. Officials in Rio de Janeiro have deployed new “peace police” units to the slum as part of an ambitious plan to wrest control from drug gangs.
I believe that the time is right for me to step abroad once again – in boldness, totally in love with my Savior believing that HE is sending me and KNOWING that HE will use me mightily. With that same boldness I have to make my ‘request’ known.
Would you please prayerfully consider PARTNERING WITH ME?!
Can you and I together team up - allowing OUR prayers to cover the trip and the team? Can you and I team up allowing OUR hands and feet to be used by God to hold the children of Brazil, to encourage the inmates in Rio, to speak life into the young adults?
It is my prayer that you will be excited about the opportunity to join me in prayer and support financially. We need lots of prayer. The areas we will enter continue to be dangerous and volatile, so we need coverage before and during the trip.
Funding as always is vital! We still need help to cover the expense of travel and some in country costs. We’ll be staying in the homes of the pastors and congregation as much as possible to help minimize the trip costs. The cost of the trip is approximately $2500.00.
I personally want to thank each of you for partnering with me in whatever way the Lord leads you.
Together, you and I can and will make a difference… reaching out in love.
As always, donations are tax deductible. Please contact me and I will be happy to share where to send funding etc.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28:18-20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment