We often hear the terminology "Good Form" associated with a movement of the body, in example, exercise.
This morning I was thinking about the EXERCISE of my spiritual being. Christians are spiritual beings living in an earthly body. As I was performing my physical exercise - I was also thinking about what it means to exercise spiritually and how the term "FORM" would translate or look like. This is my thoughts....
Faith Only Requires Movement
FAITH ONLY REQUIRES MOVEMENT IN THE DIRECTION HE COMMANDS...
HOLD STILL - - > This movement or action in the spirit will Strengthen your muscles and grow your weaponry (listening, obedience).
KNEEL - - > This is alignment vertically and upward. Praying and listening (listening being so important and a learned skill).
MOVEMENT TO THE RIGHT AND TO THE LEFT - - > This is alignment in the body HORIZONTALLY in relationships with those around you. To lift them up, encourage them... forgive them. Practice your mercy and grace. To use the relationships around you to walk out Isaiah 58, to feed the hungry, to cloth the naked to break the chains of the oppressed.
Today, as I prepare for Brazil I ask the Lord to not only strengthen my body when I exercise physically, but continue to pour into me as I press and push even more into HIM. I ask HIM to continually coach me on 'GOOD FORM' spiritually!
Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment